Get perfectly cooked, flavorful cauliflower in minutes with this easy air fryer frozen cauliflower recipe! Made with only 5 ingredients, try it today and see how fast and easy it is to prepare delicious side dishes with less oil and fewer calories. Get your air fryer humming and serve this delicious air fryer frozen cauliflower recipe.
I love serving a healthy side dish, but I want it tasty, too!
That’s where cauliflower comes in. Why? Because cauliflower is the perfect vegetable. It’s so versatile, it can be used in a variety of dishes.
It is low in calories and fat and a good source of fiber and vitamins. Air-frying frozen cauliflower is a quick and easy way to transform this healthy vegetable into something amazing!
- Lemon — We’ll use both the zest and the juice of the lemon.
- Oats — I used rolled oats for this recipe, but you can substitute instant oats.
- Chia — We’ll add some ground chia seeds to create a thicker texture. You can use whole chia seeds; I just prefer ground because it creates a smoother finished texture.
- Syrup — I used maple syrup, but you can substitute agave nectar.
- Milk — We’ll use almond milk for the best overnight oats! Substitute your favorite plant-based milk.
- Yogurt — I love adding some plant-based yogurt (plain, unsweetened) for an even more tangy flavor.
- Protein Powder — I add some vanilla protein powder for increased flavor and nutrients. If your protein powder is not sweetened, you may want to add an extra teaspoon or two of sweetener.
- Cornstarch — We’ll use cornstarch to thicken the lemon curd topping.
- Turmeric — A pinch of turmeric makes that lemon curd sunny yellow.
- Frozen Cauliflower — Start with a bag of frozen cauliflower.
- Olive oil — Once the cauliflower is cooked well toss it with a bit of olive oil for flavor and to help the seasoning stick.
- Nutritional yeast — I love adding nutritional yeast flakes for its cheesy flavor.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning — Let’s keep this recipe simple with some Everything Bagel Seasoning. You can find this in the spice section of most grocery stores and Costco. See the recipe card below for substitute seasonings.
- Parsley — Adding chopped fresh or dried parsley add bits of color to this simple side dish.
How to Make Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities, below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time.
- Add frozen cauliflower to an air fryer.
- Cook for 7 to 10 minutes until it reaches a desired level of donees.
- Drizzle with olive oil and seasonings and toss to combine.
Can you air fry frozen vegetables?
Yes, you can cook frozen vegetables in the air fryer in minutes. Add your favorite seasonings to make perfect vegetable-based side dishes!
Is frozen cauliflower healthy?
A lot of the times, frozen vegetables, such as cauliflower, are just as healthy as what’s sold in the produce section. That’s because it’s frozen at the peak of ripeness. And minimal nutritional value is lost during the freezing process, making frozen vegetables an excellent option for a healthy diet.
Serving Air Fried Frozen Cauliflower
I recommend using a combination of nutritional yeast flakes and Everything Bagel seasoning, but there are so many spices and toppings you can add to this healthy dish.
Serve this with your favorite toppings such as:
- Colorful — Add sprinkles of paprika for color and flavor (you can even try smoked paprika).
- Spicy — Got a Mexican meal going on? Add taco-flavored seasoning to fit the theme.
- Get cheesy — Melt vegan cheese shreds and drizzle it over cooked cauliflower for the perfect cheesy cauliflower blend.
- Ranch — Add drizzles of dairy-free ranch dip for a delicious flavor option.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can freeze leftovers in freezer-safe containers or bags for up to 1 month. To thaw, transfer to a microwave and cook until heated through.
Air Fried Frozen Cauliflower
- 1 12 oz pacakge frozen cauliflower florets
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoons Everything Bagel Seasoning (see notes for substitions)
- 1 teaspoon parsley , chopped (fresh is best but you can substitute dried)
- Add frozen cauliflower to an air fryer. Set the temperature for 375°F/191°C. Cook for 8 minutes, removing the basket and shaking it half-way through.
- While the cauliflower cooks, mix the spices in a bowl.
- Once the cauliflower is done, transfer it to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with spices and serve.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
Seasoning SubstitutionsDon’t have Everything Bagel Seasoning? Here is a good substitute:
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules (or garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon dehydrated onions (or onion powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.