This jackfruit tacos recipe is infused with delicious bulgogi flavor and topped with a slightly sweet Brussels sprouts slaw. It’s a flavorful meal that you won’t believe is plant-based too.
Serve with air fryer tortilla chips on the side.
With warmer weather on the horizon, we can’t help but think of recipes that require less time in the kitchen and more time outside. That’s why these Bulgogi Jackfruit Street Tacos are a perfect summertime recipe…although we would eat them all year long.
By the way, this Bulgogi Jackfruit goes perfectly on my Vegan Loaded Nachos recipe!
What You Need
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities, below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time.
- Lemon — We’ll use both the zest and the juice of the lemon.
- Oats — I used rolled oats for this recipe, but you can substitute instant oats.
- Chia — We’ll add some ground chia seeds to create a thicker texture. You can use whole chia seeds; I just prefer ground because it creates a smoother finished texture.
- Syrup — I used maple syrup, but you can substitute agave nectar.
- Milk — We’ll use almond milk for the best overnight oats! Substitute your favorite plant-based milk.
- Yogurt — I love adding some plant-based yogurt (plain, unsweetened) for an even more tangy flavor.
- Protein Powder — I add some vanilla protein powder for increased flavor and nutrients. If your protein powder is not sweetened, you may want to add an extra teaspoon or two of sweetener.
- Cornstarch — We’ll use cornstarch to thicken the lemon curd topping.
- Turmeric — A pinch of turmeric makes that lemon curd sunny yellow.
- Corn tortillas — You’ll need 12 to 24 street taco corn tortillas.
- Bulgogi Jackfruit — Make one batch of this Vegan Bulgogi Jackfruit for the filling.
- Slaw — I recommend this Brussels Sprouts Slaw, but any vegan slaw will do.
- Vegan sour cream — Or you can substitute cashew cream sauce.
- Fresh lime — You’ll need the zest and juice from a fresh lime.
- Garlic powder — Or you can substitute mashed cloves from this garlic confit.
How to Make Jackfruit Street Tacos
- Place corn tortillas on the counter to come to room temperature.
- Warm the Bulgogi Jackfruit in the microwave or oven.
- Set out the slaw so it comes to room temperature.
- Prepare the vegan cream sauce by stirring together the vegan sour cream, lime zest, lime juice, and garlic powder.
- Assemble tacos by filling corn tortillas with Bulgogi Jackfruit, followed by a spoonful (or two) of the slaw. Repeat this for each taco. Drizzle the top with the cream sauce.
Store individual ingredients in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
What You’ll Love About Jackfruit Street Tacos
These jackfruit street tacos are pretty amazing and relatively easy to make. It helps that the main ingredient is made in a slow cooker. In fact, Slow Cooker Bulgogi Jackfruit adds so many exciting flavors to street tacos.
Jackfruit is Healthy
There’s more to this recipe than meets the eye. That’s because, between the jackfruit and Brussels Sprouts, you’re going to be consuming lots of nutritional goodies such as potassium, Vitamins C and A, iron, and even fiber.
That’s the fantastic thing about a plant-based diet. You get to enjoy delicious, fresh foods while at the same time boosting your health. And did I mention plant-based diets also reduce your carbon footprint as well?
More Vegan Mexican Recipes
That’s it for this Bulgogi Jackfruit Tacos recipe!
Bulgogi Jackfruit Tacos
- Place corn tortillas on a platter and allow them to sit on the counter to come to room temperature (if they’ve been in the fridge).
- If you made your Bulgogi Jackfruit the day before, be sure to warm it up in the microwave or oven.
- Get out your Brussels Sprouts Slaw so it can sit on the counter and come to room temperature.
- In a small bowl prepare the Vegan Cream Sauce by combining the vegan sour cream, lime zest, lime juice and garlic powder. Stir to combine. You want this cream sauce to be thin enough to drizzle across the tacos, but not so thin that it’s runny.
- Lay two corn tortillas flat on a plate. Put a couple of spoonfuls of the Bulgogi Jackfruit in the middle and spread it in a line across the middle of the tortilla. Top that with a spoonful (or two) of the slaw. Repeat this for each taco. Drizzle the top with the Vegan Cream Sauce.
- Have lime slices (and/or hot sauce) nearby so you can add a little more zest to the plate.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
I’m working on more vegan taco recipes, so be sure to stay tuned!