Enjoy the delicious taste of cherry nice cream in just 5 minutes! Our step-by-step instructions will help you create this vegan-friendly treat quickly and easily. Perfect for those hot summer days!
Don’t you love refreshing summer desserts full of fruit and all-natural ingredients? That’s one reason we love this cherry banana nice cream recipe. It’s made with only 4 ingredients and delivers one refreshing bite after another!
Learn more about making banana nice cream, including lots more flavor variations!
- Lemon — We’ll use both the zest and the juice of the lemon.
- Oats — I used rolled oats for this recipe, but you can substitute instant oats.
- Chia — We’ll add some ground chia seeds to create a thicker texture. You can use whole chia seeds; I just prefer ground because it creates a smoother finished texture.
- Syrup — I used maple syrup, but you can substitute agave nectar.
- Milk — We’ll use almond milk for the best overnight oats! Substitute your favorite plant-based milk.
- Yogurt — I love adding some plant-based yogurt (plain, unsweetened) for an even more tangy flavor.
- Protein Powder — I add some vanilla protein powder for increased flavor and nutrients. If your protein powder is not sweetened, you may want to add an extra teaspoon or two of sweetener.
- Cornstarch — We’ll use cornstarch to thicken the lemon curd topping.
- Turmeric — A pinch of turmeric makes that lemon curd sunny yellow.
- Bananas — You’ll need some frozen bananas (approximately 2 large ripe bananas). Simply cut them into chunks and place them in a single layer in a freezer bag and freeze them!
- Chocolate chips — We’ll be adding melted chocolate to the frozen cherry mixture to great bits of chocolate in every bite!
- Cherries — You’ll need some frozen cherries. You can start with fresh cherries by removing the seeds (I use needle nose pliers to do this), rinsing them off, and placing them in a freezer-safe bag. Then place them in the freezer for a couple of hours. See below if using tart cherries.
- Almond milk — This is my go-to favorite, but you can substitute soy milk or any plant-based milk.
How to Make Cherry Nice Cream
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities, below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe. Set it aside to cool.
- Add frozen bananas and frozen cherries to a high-speed blender.
- Let it sit for up to 5 minutes, to let the frozen fruit soften.
- Blend on low to break the fruit down into smaller bits.
- Add almond milk and scrape down the sides of the blender jar.
- Repeat these steps, gradually increasing speed to create a creamy texture.
- Assess your nice cream flavor and texture.
- Drizzle melted chocolate and remaining frozen cherries into the blender and pulse in short bursts to combine.
- Serve immediately for a soft-serve texture.
Chocolate Cherry Nice Cream
The flavor profile of cherry garcia ice cream is chocolate and cherry combined together in ice cream. This chocolate cherry nice cream combines these flavors perfectly!
You’ll love the flavor in every bite!
Tart Cherry Nice Cream
If you’re using tart cherries, you may want to adapt this recipe slightly. That’s because tart cherries are not as sweet as bing cherries.
I used to have two tart cherry trees in my yard and I loved making recipes with them! But when it comes to nice cream you’ll want to add a bit more sweetener to make sure your nice cream has the right flavor for you.
I recommend starting with one tablespoon of maple syrup, pulse it several times, and then take a taste test. If you’d like more sweetness, you can add another tablespoon and follow this same process.
What does nice cream taste like?
Nice cream is made with frozen bananas whipped up into a creamy dessert. However, you can add other ingredients, such as protein powder, berries, and more, to create a delicious treat flavored like the ingredients you add!
Can I make cherry nice cream without bananas?
You can make cherry nice cream without bananas using 100% frozen cherries. Make sure to give them time to thaw slightly before processing to allow your blender to pulse them adequately. Add some plant-based milk, such as almond milk, to get the right consistency.
To achieve a scoopable ice cream texture, transfer to an airtight container. Cover and freeze for 2 to 3 hours. Let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes or so to soften, and then scoop with an ice cream scoop and serve with your favorite toppings.
Chocolate Cherry Nice Cream
- 2 cups sliced frozen bananas (2 large ripe bananas)
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 ¼ cups frozen cherries (see note)
- ½ cup almond milk
- Toppings: Fresh cherries, chocolate chips, and/or chocolate sauce drizzles
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds until mostly melted. Set it aside to cool.
- While the chocolate cools, make the nice cream by adding frozen bananas and 1 cup of frozen cherries to a high-speed blender. Let it sit for up to 5 minutes, to let the frozen fruit soften. Blend on low in short pulses to break the fruit down into smaller bits. Add almond milk. Scrape down the sides of the blender jar and repeat, gradually increasing speed. If the blender spins, stop and let the bananas sit for a minute or two until they soften more. Push the mixture down with a spatula. Then continue on low speed, gradually turning the speed up.
- Assess your nice cream: Take a taste test. If you'd like it sweeter (some cherries are more tart than others), then blend in a tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Drizzle melted chocolate and remaining frozen cherries into the blender and pulse in short bursts to combine. Serve immediately for a soft-serve texture.
- To achieve a scoopable ice cream texture, transfer to an airtight container. Cover and freeze for 2 to 3 hours. Let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes or so to soften, and then scoop with an ice cream scoop and serve with your favorite toppings.
- You can store nice cream in the freezer for up to 2 months.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
Cherry FlavorFor more cherry flavor, you can increase the amount of frozen cherries to up to 2 cups and reduce the amount of frozen bananas down to 1 cup. You may need to add more almond milk to get the right consistency.
ToppingsAdd your favorite toppings, such as:
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.