This vegan chocolate peanut butter pie recipe features a simple pudding filling infused with chocolate and peanut butter in a chocolate crust and topped with whipped cream.
I’m continuing my obsession with super easy vegan recipes with this pie recipe. Truth be told, I needed a super easy pie recipe that required minimal ingredients for my Easy Vegan Thanksgiving Dinner made with only 10 Products post. But this pie is more than just easy, it’s delicious, too!
Why This Recipe is a Winner
- Using a chocolate pudding mix adds lots of chocolate flavor, and keeps this recipe easy to make
- Creamy peanut butter is added to the pie, infusing each bite with rich chocolate and peanut butter flavors
- An Oreo pie crust adds a crunchy texture for the crust, a perfect foundation for any pie.
What You Need
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities, below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time.
- Lemon — We’ll use both the zest and the juice of the lemon.
- Oats — I used rolled oats for this recipe, but you can substitute instant oats.
- Chia — We’ll add some ground chia seeds to create a thicker texture. You can use whole chia seeds; I just prefer ground because it creates a smoother finished texture.
- Syrup — I used maple syrup, but you can substitute agave nectar.
- Milk — We’ll use almond milk for the best overnight oats! Substitute your favorite plant-based milk.
- Yogurt — I love adding some plant-based yogurt (plain, unsweetened) for an even more tangy flavor.
- Protein Powder — I add some vanilla protein powder for increased flavor and nutrients. If your protein powder is not sweetened, you may want to add an extra teaspoon or two of sweetener.
- Cornstarch — We’ll use cornstarch to thicken the lemon curd topping.
- Turmeric — A pinch of turmeric makes that lemon curd sunny yellow.
- Chocolate Pudding Mix — You’ll need one 5.1 oz box of Chocolate Cook n Serve Jell-O Pudding which is a favorite accidentally vegan product.
- Plant-based milk — Any favorite plant-based milk will work, either vanilla-flavored or plain.
- Peanut Butter — I prefer using creamy peanut butter for this recipe.
- Pie Crust — You’ll need a pie crust, like an Oreo pie crust (either homemade or store-bought), or a vegan graham cracker pie crust.
- Vegan Whipped Cream — Adding some Vegan Whipped Cream is optional, but it makes a big difference!
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Pour the pudding mix into a saucepan. Add the plant-based milk and stir to combine. Turn the heat up to medium and bring this mixture to a light boil. Stirring frequently.** Reduce heat and continue cooking and stirring until the pudding becomes thick.
- Remove from heat and immediately add the peanut butter and vanilla (if usinand stir until combined. If this mixture is too thick for your liking, add a little bit more plant-based milk.
- Allow it to cool slightly and then pour into the prepared pie crust, using a spatula to get all the pudding into the pie equally distributed.
- Refrigerate for an hour or two (or overnighbefore serving.
- Serve with dollops of vegan whipped cream (optional).
Here are some great toppings to add to this pie:
I love serving this pie with vegan coconut whipped cream. You can also buy vegan whipped cream at health food stores and most grocery stores. See the recipe notes below for more information on that.
Cover the pie and store it in the fridge for up to 7 days. It can be frozen, either in individual slices or the entire pie, in appropriate freezer containers for up to 2 months.
More Vegan Pies
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Pour the pudding mix into a saucepan. Add the plant-based milk and stir to combine. Turn the heat up to medium and bring this mixture to a light boil. Stirring frequently. Reduce heat and continue cooking and stirring until the pudding becomes thick.
- Remove from heat and immediately add the peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until combined. If this mixture is too thick, add a little bit more plant-based milk.
- Allow it to cool slightly and then pour into the prepared pie crust, using a spatula to spread it around equally.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes (up to overnight) before serving.
- Serve with vegan whipped cream (optional, but recommended).
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.