This jackfruit nachos recipe delivers crispy nachos topped with spicy jackfruit carnitas, vegan nacho cheese, and even more of your favorite nacho toppings. It’s the perfect indulgence for taco Tuesdays or any night of the week.
Sometimes life delivers deadlines, graduations, meetings, and just generally too much to do all in the same day. It’s enough to make a person want to kick back with some comfort food. That, my friends, is what these Vegan Jackfruit Nachos are all about.
How to Make Jackfruit Nachos
There are four easy steps to make these yummy vegan nachos:
- Spread tortilla chips on the pan and top with jackfruit carnitas.
- Add black beans and then distribute vegan nacho cheese sauce.
- Bake until the ingredients are heated through — around 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add toppings like sliced avocado, cherry tomato slices, sliced jalapeños, and vegan sour cream.
Jackfruit Taco Meat
I’m using jackfruit carnitas as the main topping for these nachos. However, I have a few options you could consider, even BBQ. Trust me, BBQ on nachos is smoky goodness in every bite!
Serve jackfruit nachos with any of the following toppings:
- Chopped red cabbage adds crunch and color
- Cashew cream
- Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa
- Vegan Queso
- Black Bean Dip
- Add some corn mango salsa on top for an interesting change of pace.
When it comes to storing nachos, it’s important to separate wet toppings from the chips. This prevents the chips from getting too soggy. Store the wet toppings in a separate container. See the post for reheating nachos. The toppings will keep up to 4 to 5 days in the fridge.
After storage, the tortilla chips will no longer be as crisp. To get them crispy again, follow these steps:
- Preheat at 300°F/150°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove any cold or wet toppings from the chips.
- Add tortilla chips to the pan in a single layer.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes until crispy
- Remove from heat and add the toppings.
Vegan Taco Favorites
If you love these jackfruit nachos, here are more plant0based taco favorites to keep you going:
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly coat it with vegetable cooking spray.
- Spread tortilla chips on the pan. Top with cheese, carnitas, black beans, and corn.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake until the ingredients are heated through, around 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add toppings like sliced avocado, cherry tomato slices, sliced jalapeños, and vegan sour cream. For presentation, adding a few sprigs of parsley or cilantro adds a nice finishing touch.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
Vegan CheeseSubstitute 1½ cups vegan cheddar shreds for cashew nacho cheese.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post was originally published in 2015 and was updated to include new photos, new text, and an updated recipe in 2022.