Who doesn’t love the warm, buttery goodness of Olive Garden breadsticks? But let’s face it, they don’t quite taste the same the next day. If you’re tired of stale breadsticks ruining your leftovers, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s discuss how to reheat your Olive Garden breadsticks to perfection. Whether you prefer using an oven, microwave, or air fryer, you’ll get step-by-step instructions to help you achieve that fresh-out-of-the-oven taste. Plus, we’ll share tips for keeping your breadsticks fresh and other ways to enjoy your leftovers. Don’t let those delicious breadsticks go to waste – read on to learn the ultimate guide to reheating Olive Garden breadsticks.
It’s so exciting to have delicious breadsticks in the kitchen. But how do you heat them up so you can serve them with your soup or salad?
I’m providing three ways to do it: in the oven, in the microwave, and in the air fryer.
How to Reheat Olive Garden Breadsticks in the Oven
Want to reheat Olive Garden breadsticks without sacrificing their texture or flavor? An oven is a great option.
While it may take longer than a microwave, the results are worth the wait.
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C.
- While the oven heats up, place your breadsticks on a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Cover the breadsticks with foil. Or keep them in the bag provided by Olive Garden (double-check to make sure it’s oven-friendly).
- Once the oven is ready, place the baking sheet (or stone) on the middle rack and bake for 3-5 minutes.
- If you’re baking your breadsticks without foil or a cover, keep an eye on them to ensure they don’t burn, as oven times can vary based on the size and thickness of the breadsticks.
- After a few minutes, remove the breadsticks from the oven and brush them with olive oil and chopped fresh herbs, like basil. This will help enhance their flavor and texture.
- Serve immediately and enjoy that fresh-out-of-the-oven taste.
One tip for using the oven to reheat breadsticks is to avoid overcrowding the baking sheet or stone. If you have more breadsticks than can fit on one baking sheet, bake them in batches.
By following these simple steps, you can enjoy warm, buttery Olive Garden breadsticks that taste just as good as the day they were made.
How to Reheat Olive Garden Breadsticks in the Microwave
When it comes to reheating Olive Garden breadsticks, the microwave can be a convenient option.
- To start, place the breadsticks on a microwave-safe dish and cover them with a damp paper towel. This will prevent them from drying out while they heat up.
- Microwave the breadsticks on high for about 15-20 seconds. Keep an eye on them to ensure they don’t become too hot. If needed, you can add more time in 5-second increments.
While the microwave is a quick and easy way to reheat breadsticks, it may result in chewy breadsticks. For the ultimate crispy texture use the oven or an air fryer. However, microwaving is a great option if you’re short on time or don’t want to use a different appliance.
Next, let’s explore the benefits of using an air fryer to reheat your breadsticks.
Reheating Olive Garden Breadsticks in an Air Fryer
While the oven is a reliable choice for reheating breadsticks, the air fryer is a game-changer. It not only reheats the breadsticks but also gives them a crispy texture that almost matches the freshly baked ones.
- To reheat your Olive Garden breadsticks in an air fryer, preheat the air fryer to 320°F (160°C).
- Then, place the breadsticks in the air fryer and cook them for 3-4 minutes until they are crispy and heated through.
Now that you know how to reheat breadsticks in an air fryer, let’s move on to some tips to keep them fresh when you have leftovers.
Tips for Keeping Your Breadsticks Fresh
If you have leftover breadsticks from Olive Garden, you’ll want to make sure they stay fresh so you can enjoy them later. Here are a few tips to keep your breadsticks tasting just as delicious as the first time you had them:
- Store them properly: The best way to keep your breadsticks fresh is to store them properly. Wrap them in foil or plastic wrap and place them in an airtight container. This will prevent them from drying out and becoming stale.
- Keep them at room temperature: Store them at room temperature in a cool, dry place for up to 3 days. Just make sure they’re not exposed to direct sunlight or other sources of heat.
- Refrigeration: Storing breadsticks longer? Prevent mold from forming by wrapping breadsticks in an airtight container or plastic bag and store them in the fridge for up to 10 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Reheat them correctly: If you need to reheat your breadsticks, use one of the methods outlined in this guide. Microwave them for quick reheating, or use an oven or air fryer to get them crispy and delicious.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your leftover breadsticks stay fresh for as long as possible. And if you have some leftovers, there are plenty of other ways to enjoy them, which we’ll cover in the next section.
Other Ways to Enjoy Your Leftover Breadsticks
If you find yourself with leftover Olive Garden breadsticks, don’t let them go to waste! There are several ways to enjoy them beyond reheating them for another meal.
- Croutons — One option is to turn breadsticks into croutons for a salad or soup. Cut the breadsticks into small cubes, toss them in olive oil and your favorite seasonings, then bake them in the oven until crispy.
- Topping — You can also use them as a topping for mac and cheese or a casserole. Crumble them into pieces, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle this mixture over vegan mac and cheese before baking.
- Toast — If you’re feeling adventurous, make garlic toast with the leftover breadsticks. Cut them in half lengthwise, spread olive oil and minced garlic on top, and bake them in the oven until crispy and golden brown. You can also sprinkle some vegan parmesan cheese on top for an extra kick of flavor.
- Appetizer — Dip your toasted breadsticks in plant-based alfredo sauce for a delicious appetizer everyone loves!
Can you reheat Olive Garden breadsticks in the bag?
When you take your Olive Garden breadsticks home, they usually send them off in a bag perfect for baking. The Olive Garden bag is safe to use in a conventional oven, just make sure there is space between the bag and the heater elements.
How long do Olive Garden breadsticks last in the fridge?
Store your Olive Garden breadsticks in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag for up to 4 or 5 days in the fridge. You can also freeze them in a freezer-safe container for up to 2 months.
If you love bread to serve with your dishes, here are some favorites to try:
In conclusion, reheating Olive Garden breadsticks is a simple task that can be accomplished using an oven, microwave, or air fryer. With these methods and tips, you can enjoy fresh, warm breadsticks anytime without letting those leftovers go to waste.
Remember to keep your breadsticks fresh by storing them correctly and trying out other ways to enjoy them, such as croutons or as a crumb topping for mac and cheese. As the old saying goes, waste not, want not. So go ahead and enjoy those delicious breadsticks again!