Enjoy delicious vegan bagel bites without compromising on taste. Crafted from 4 simple ingredients, these vegan bagel bites will satisfy your plant-based pizza cravings. Serve them as a snack or a main meal, these pizza bites are indulgent and delicious!
Looking for a fast and easy vegan meal?
Create the perfect vegan dinner (or snack) in minutes with this easy-to-follow, delicious vegan pizza bagels recipe! Featuring bold flavors and vegan-friendly ingredients, our vegan bagel bites are ready to please everyone. Try it now and see the difference!
- Lemon — We’ll use both the zest and the juice of the lemon.
- Oats — I used rolled oats for this recipe, but you can substitute instant oats.
- Chia — We’ll add some ground chia seeds to create a thicker texture. You can use whole chia seeds; I just prefer ground because it creates a smoother finished texture.
- Syrup — I used maple syrup, but you can substitute agave nectar.
- Milk — We’ll use almond milk for the best overnight oats! Substitute your favorite plant-based milk.
- Yogurt — I love adding some plant-based yogurt (plain, unsweetened) for an even more tangy flavor.
- Protein Powder — I add some vanilla protein powder for increased flavor and nutrients. If your protein powder is not sweetened, you may want to add an extra teaspoon or two of sweetener.
- Cornstarch — We’ll use cornstarch to thicken the lemon curd topping.
- Turmeric — A pinch of turmeric makes that lemon curd sunny yellow.
- Mini bagels — Look at the ingredients on your bag to make sure yours are dairy-free and egg-free. Mine came in a bag of 10 mini bagels and this recipe uses only 8 of them. You can use the leftovers to make some other tasty snack!
- Pizza sauce — You can buy this at the store or add tomato paste to marinara sauce to thicken it.
- Vegan pepperoni — You can find vegan pepperoni slices at most health food stores. You may also be able to find it in the health food section of your grocery store. You can also make homemade vegan pepperoni. It will make much more than you need, but you can freeze the leftovers.
- Vegan mozzarella — We use either Daiya or Follow Your Heart vegan mozzarella shreds when we’re making pizza. But there are plenty of brands to try out. Find which one you like best!
How to Make Vegan Bagel Bites
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities, below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time.
- Lay bagels cut side up on a prepared pan.
- Spread pizza sauce on each bagel.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly across each bagel.
- Top each bagel with bits of veggie pepperoni.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the bagels are golden on the edges.
Are bagels vegan?
Most bagels are vegan, but some do include milk. Make sure you look at the ingredients when you’re buying bagels to ensure they’re made without milk.
What are some vegan pizza toppings?
There are many plant-based pizza toppings, including pepperoni, sausage, and, of course, veggies. You can use storebought vegan meat (some require precooking before adding to your pizza) or make them homemade. Either way, you can serve very flavorful vegan pizza with all your favorite toppings!
What to Serve with Pizza Bagel Bites
You can serve pizza bagel bites fresh out of the oven. Of course, you’ll need to give them a few minutes to cool, but we love the crispy texture when they’re served warm.
Here are some delicious ways to serve your vegan bagel bites:
- Sauces — You may want to dip those toasty bites in some sauce. Our favorites include marinara sauce, vegan cheesy sauce, walnut pesto sauce, or vegan ranch dip sauce.
- Dips — Every meal is better with an appetizer. That’s where this vegan pepperoni pizza dip comes in. It’s ready in minutes and so good, too!
- Herbs — Chop up some fresh herbs to serve on top. The best herbs for pizza are basil, oregano, thyme, and parsley.
- Parmesan — If you love to sprinkle some parmesan on your pizza, you can buy store-bought varieties or make your own homemade vegan parmesan. When I’m in a hurry, I’ll add nutritional yeast flakes and salt to some ground almond meal and I’m good to go!
- Salads — There’s no doubt that salads are perfect when paired with pizza. You can’t go wrong with this Plant-Based Caesar Salad or this Massaged Kale Salad.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, place them in an oven or toaster oven and cook until heated through and the edges are golden brown. You can also freeze bagel bites. Transfer them to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 2 months. Place them in the fridge overnight to thaw, or use the defrost setting on your microwave. Once thawed, cook in a toaster oven until heated through.
Vegan Bagel Bites
- 8 plain mini bagels
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 10 slices vegan pepperoni slices , cut in half
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella shreds
- Optional toppings: Italian seasoning, chopped fresh parsley, and/or vegan parmsean.
- Preheat oven to 425°F/218°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay bagels cut side up on prepared pan.
- Use a spoon to spread pizza sauce on each bagel. Use the back of the spoon to spread the sauce evenly across each bagel.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly across each bagel.
- Top each bagel with bits of the veggie pepperoni.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the bagels are golden on the edges.
- Optional garnish: Add chopped fresh basil or sprinkles of Italian seasoning on each before serving.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.