Make your homemade vegan burgers even better with this vegan Big Mac sauce. It’s that secret special sauce that makes everything better! I especially love serving it on my vegan Big Mac burgers.
I love homemade meals, like veggie burgers with some Air Fryer French Fries. Finding ways to make my homemade veggie burgers taste just as good as you’d get in a restaurant? Well, that’s my jam. That’s what’s so great about this vegan Big Mac sauce. It transforms a regular veggie burger into something amazing!
Why This Recipe is a Winner
- Vegan mayo keeps this recipe dairy-free and creamy
- Adding sweet relish makes this distinctive special the perfect condiment for veggie burgers and more
- Using French dressing adds color and flavor, making this your favorite go-to sauce every time
What You Need
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities, below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time.
- Lemon — We’ll use both the zest and the juice of the lemon.
- Oats — I used rolled oats for this recipe, but you can substitute instant oats.
- Chia — We’ll add some ground chia seeds to create a thicker texture. You can use whole chia seeds; I just prefer ground because it creates a smoother finished texture.
- Syrup — I used maple syrup, but you can substitute agave nectar.
- Milk — We’ll use almond milk for the best overnight oats! Substitute your favorite plant-based milk.
- Yogurt — I love adding some plant-based yogurt (plain, unsweetened) for an even more tangy flavor.
- Protein Powder — I add some vanilla protein powder for increased flavor and nutrients. If your protein powder is not sweetened, you may want to add an extra teaspoon or two of sweetener.
- Cornstarch — We’ll use cornstarch to thicken the lemon curd topping.
- Turmeric — A pinch of turmeric makes that lemon curd sunny yellow.
- Vegan Mayo — I use a storebought mayo like Hellman’s Vegan Mayo, or sometimes I’ll mix in a little plain, unsweetened vegan yogurt to make a lighter version.
- Relish — A little bit of sweet relish is the secret to this amazing sauce. If you don’t have relish, finely chop a few sweet pickles.
- Green Onion — I like the mild flavor of green onion. We’ll use only the white part, chopped finely.
- French Dressing — I used Kraft French Dressing, which gives this sauce color and flavor.
- Vinegar — You’ll need just a bit of white vinegar for this recipe.
How to Make This Recipe
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir it until the ingredients are creamy and the sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer it to a lidded container like a mason jar, cover, and keep refrigerated.
- Serve it as a condiment on veggie burgers, sandwiches, salads, and more.
Keep it in the fridge in a lidded container for up to 2 weeks.
Is Big Mac sauce vegan?
No, the Big Mac sauce served in McDonald’s restaurants is not vegan because it’s made with egg-based mayo. But you can make your own vegan Big Mac sauce at home and serve it over veggie burgers.
Is there a vegan Big Mac?
You can’t buy one at McDonald’s, but you can make your own Vegan Big Mac at home. It’s easier than you think and pretty tasty, too.
And here are even more vegan sauce recipes to try.
Vegan Big Mac Sauce
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons French dressing
- 3 teaspoons sweet relish
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions (the white part, finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a lidded container like a mason jar, cover, and keep refrigerated. It will keep for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve as a condiment on veggie burgers, sandwiches, salads, and more.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.