This vegan pepperoni pizza dip recipe features layers of vegan cream cheese topped with red sauce, vegan mozzarella and vegan pepperoni slices. Serve this tasty vegan dip with crusty bread, and you’ve got yourself some great vegan party food!
I know a lot of people think vegan food is either a) really difficult to make or b) not very tasty…or c) some combination of the two.
This recipe blows all those theories out of the water! I mean, seriously, what could be tastier than a pepperoni pizza dip? And with only FIVE ingredients, this dip is SO easy to make. Within twenty minutes or so, you’ll know what I’m talking about.
It’s one of my favorite vegan Super Bowl snacks because everyone loves it!
So, this dish has it all. It’s super easy to make. It’s super tasty to eat. And it’s even colorful too — who doesn’t appreciate a little splash of red and green color on the dinner palate?
Why This Recipe is a Winner
- A base of dairy-free cream cheese is smooth and creamy and makes this recipe easy to make
- Topping this dish with vegan mozzarella and baking in the oven makes it indulgent and delicious
- Serving it with bread slices makes this appetizer almost as good as having pizza, without all the work.
What You Need
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities, below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time.
- Lemon — We’ll use both the zest and the juice of the lemon.
- Oats — I used rolled oats for this recipe, but you can substitute instant oats.
- Chia — We’ll add some ground chia seeds to create a thicker texture. You can use whole chia seeds; I just prefer ground because it creates a smoother finished texture.
- Syrup — I used maple syrup, but you can substitute agave nectar.
- Milk — We’ll use almond milk for the best overnight oats! Substitute your favorite plant-based milk.
- Yogurt — I love adding some plant-based yogurt (plain, unsweetened) for an even more tangy flavor.
- Protein Powder — I add some vanilla protein powder for increased flavor and nutrients. If your protein powder is not sweetened, you may want to add an extra teaspoon or two of sweetener.
- Cornstarch — We’ll use cornstarch to thicken the lemon curd topping.
- Turmeric — A pinch of turmeric makes that lemon curd sunny yellow.
- Vegan cream cheese
- Fresh oregano leaves — Use fresh oregano dried oregano
- Pizza sauce
- Vegan Mozzarella Shreds — I use Daiya or Follow Your Heart Mozzarella Shreds.
- Vegan Pepperoni Slices — You can use storebought or make your own vegan pepperoni.
How to Make Vegan Pizza Dip
- Spread softened cream cheese in the bottom of a pie pan.
- Sprinkle oregano leaves over the cream cheese.
- Pour the pizza sauce over the top.
- Top with shredded vegan cheese.
- Arrange the pepperoni slices as the final layer.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with bread slices, crackers, or pita.
Here are more detailed step-by-step instructions:
Step One: Spread Vegan Cream Cheese
It’s so easy to make this simple vegan pizza dip recipe. Begin by spreading softened vegan cream cheese in the bottom of a pie pan, spreading it across the bottom to create a nice, even base layer.
You can buy it or make homemade vegan cream cheese for this recipe.
Next, spread the oregano leaves (or sprinkle dried oregano) over the top of the vegan cream cheese.
Step Two: Add Pizza Sauce
Then spoon the pizza sauce over the top and distribute evenly across the dish. Top with vegan mozzarella shreds. Finally, place vegan pepperoni slices across the top as the final layer.
Step Three: Bake
Place the dish in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Serve with bread slices, crackers, or pita. I’ve even spread this dip over the top of my veggie burgers to make an impromptu Veggie Burger Parmesan sandwich. Yum!
Cover leftovers and store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
More Vegan Pizza
Vegan Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- 8 oz container vegan cream cheese softened
- 10-15 fresh oregano leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 14 oz jar pizza sauce
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella shreds
- 20 vegan pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Spread softened vegan cream cheese in the bottom of a pie pan, spreading it across the bottom to create a nice, even base layer.
- Spread the oregano leaves (or sprinkle dried oregano) over the top of the vegan cream cheese.
- Next, pour the pizza sauce over the top and distribute evenly across the dish. Top with shredded vegan cheese. Finally, distribute the pepperoni slices as the final layer.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with bread slices, crackers, or pita.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post was originally published in 2015 and was updated to include new photos, new text, and an updated recipe in 2021.